Medications That Can Help You Stop
Today, smokers don't have to tough it out alone. New Medications, some over-the-counter and some prescription, can help take the edge off of nicotine withdrawal.
- Be sure to check with your insurance carrier to see if stop smoking medications are covered.
- NYS Medicaid will pay for most stop smoking medications as long as you have a prescription.
- All prescription medications should be used under the supervision of your doctor or health care provider
Attention NYS Medicaid Member
Stop Smoking Medications Cost Coverage
- Stop Smoking medications are covered by your Medicaid Managed Care Health Plan but you will need to call to find out which ones are covered.
- Stop smoking medications include nicotine replacement therapy (patches, gum, lozenge, or inhaler), Zyban or Wellbutrin.
- Some Medicaid Managed Care Plans will cover all the costs of the medications and some will require a co-pay.
- To find out about stop smoking medications cost coverage and how to get the medications call your Managed Care Health Plan for details (most phone numbers can be found on the back of your card).
For more information regarding Medicaid coverage click here
or click the image below
Back to top