Online and Fax-To-Quit referral program
The New York State Smokers’ Quitline offers its Refer-to-Quit program for health care providers to help their patients stop smoking. As a confidential service, we offer coaching and cessation-related services to patients who use tobacco products.
How Refer-to-Quit Works:
Health care providers can refer their tobacco-using patients to the New York State Smokers’ Quitline using the Refer-to-Quit fax referral form
or using our online referral program
- Refer-to-Quit procedures.
- Patients will receive a follow-up call from a Quit Coach who will provide a stop-smoking or stop-smokeless-tobacco
- Patients will receive a Stop-Smoking or Stop-Smokeless-Tobacco packet in the mail with information tailored to their specific situation and a listing of local stop-smoking programs.
- A sample progress report (feedback form) with information about the patient’s tobacco-use status will be faxed back to the health care provider from the Quitline.
- Patients can be referred to the New York State Smokers’ Quitline as often as needed.
- Patients can call the New York State Smokers’ Quitline as often as needed.
- There is no limit to the number of patients a health care provider may refer.
Services and Information provided by the New York State Smokers’ Quitline:
- Telephone coaching to callers who wish to stop using tobacco or to learn more about the dangers of tobacco use.
- A Website: QuNitY, Your Smoke-Free Community, register here
- Posters and materials for health care providers and community organizations.
- A variety of literature on tobacco use and stop-smoking strategies.
- Quitsite at www.nysmokefree.com containing helpful stop-smoking advice and Internet resources.
- Statewide listing of local stop-smoking programs.
- Statewide listing of local community tobacco control partnerships and contacts.
- Information on and enforcement referrals for the New York State Expanded Clean Indoor Air Act of 2003.