Thinking About Quitting?
Know the Facts About Smoking Dangers First
Tobacco kills more Americans each year than alcohol, cocaine, crack, heroin, homicide, suicide, car accidents, fire and AIDS COMBINED.
The most common diseases caused by smoking are:
- Heart disease and stroke caused by inhaling carbon monoxide
- Lung cancer, caused by the carcinogens in the tar in cigarette smoke
- Cancer of the lip, mouth, throat, larynx, bladder, pancreas, stomach, kidney, and cervix, caused by exposure to the toxins in cigarette smoke
- Emphysema, caused by tar, and chronic bronchitis, caused by irritants in tobacco smoke
- Click here to see a list of cigarette ingredients - In our tobacco facts section.
A healthy lung
A lung after years of smoking
Smokers are more likely to:
- Get colds and flu
- Have shortness of breath and wheezing
- Get cataracts and macular degeneration
- Have gum disease and yellow teeth
- Have problems getting pregnant
- Become impotent
- Have problems sleeping or falling asleep
- Have memory problems
- Develop stomach ulcers
- Have high blood pressure
- Develop emphysema, chronic bronchitis, or asthma
- Have diabetes complications
- Have circulation problems
- Develop premature facial wrinkles
Think Smoking Only Affects You?
Children exposed to secondhand smoke are more likely to get:
- Ear infections
- Severe asthma
- Behavior problems
Adults exposed to secondhand smoke are more likely to have:
- Heart disease
- Lung cancer
Family pets exposed to second hand smoke are more likely to develop:
- Breathing problems
- Sinus/nasal infections
- Nasal cancer
- Lung cancer
| || |
Request a Call
Give us your number, and a Quit Coach will call you to offer help or answer your questions.
Click here to request a call.
Set up automatic Quit Smoking messages to be delivered to your mobile, landline and email! It’s quick, easy and a great way to keep you motivated. Start your messaging today!
| || |
Save Money on Stop Smoking Medications
Need help covering the cost of stop smoking medications? Check out these discounts, Learn more.